Petzl Technical Partner Manager Australia and New Zealand
|Areas of expertise:||With respect to:||Across a broad range of industries including:|
David has been with THS since its inception in 2001 and as of April 2017 taken over as Managing Director of THS. He is responsible for the development and maintenance of the quality, safety, environmental and Registered Training Organisation (RTO) management systems.
David’s formal degrees in Applied Science and Education provide a solid basis for an extensive career in training, consulting, contracting and equipment sales. He is a lead trainer in the areas of wind turbine, height safety, personal protective equipment (PPE) inspection, confined spaces and rescue.
His projects include the design and maintenance of training packages for height safety, rescue, emergency evacuation and emergency response teams; and safety system installation and consultation for Pacific Hydro and Acciona Energy. Other projects include access and rescue systems for Falls Creek Alpine Resorts; height safety training for Energy Australia; and installation of vertical static lines and training on the radio telescopes at the CSIRO.
Education and qualifications
David has qualifications in work place training and assessing; rigging; PPE inspection; auditing and all areas that he works in for THS.
- 2017 to Present - Managng director
- 2001 to present - QSTE Manager at THS
- 1994 to 2001 - Manager Rescue Equipment
- 1999 to 2001 - Manager/owner/installer and trainer – Advanced Fall Arrest Systems
- 1984 - 2013 - Owner of Dave’s Industrial Sewing / Camping Canopies
- Prior to 1999 - GIS operator; geologist; WHS officer; industrial sewing