This course is intended to introduce participants to single rope tree access systems. It is designed for persons who need to climb trees for activities such as flora and fauna inspections, seed collection or habitat installation and arboriculture. The course focuses on the latest techniques in single rope access systems that are both fast and energy efficient. This level one course is suitable for persons with no previous training or experience in height safety activities.
Topics will include the following:
• Hazard identification and risk management
• Selection, inspection and fitting of equipment
• Selection and tying of knots and hitches
• Anchor point selection and rope installation
• Ascending and descending techniques
• Access system selection and assembly
• Emergency and rescue planning
Duration: 16 hours over 2 day.
Maximum class size: Four.
Price structure: Per participant, group bookings available.
Optional: Plastic photo